Newly remodeled 12,000 square
foot interpretive center includes two classrooms, full sized catering
kitchen, fully equipped conference room, indoor exhibit room, snack room
with vending machines and large restrooms. Contact Ted or Carol for rental information.
Celebrate Nebraska Gift Shop
The Crane Meadows Gift Shop
offers a variety of Platte River, crane, wildlife, and Nebraska
items for sale. The gift shop is open 9am-5pm
Monday through Friday and 10-4 on Saturday.
Nature Trails Information
*Trails are not open during the crane season
Public hiking trails have been developed at the site. Prairie trails
meander through beautiful flowers and grasses, ramble over sandy knolls
with cactus, and zigzag through fragrant groves of eastern red cedar.
Additional river-edge and riparian forest trails familiarize the hiker
with the Platte River. All trails start at the Nature Center. The trail
from the building over the pedestrian bridges to the edge of the prairie
is handicapped accessible. A thirty-five foot high observation tower is
located on the north bank of the Platte River.
2007 Membership Information
Help support Crane Meadows
by becoming a member! Your membership will help offset the cost
of day to day operation and help fund new projects. In return,
you will receive:
* Free admission to the Nature Center and
International Bell Museum
* Priority status for registration to limited enrollment activities
* Discounts on field trips, day camps and special events
* Email newsletters with program and special event information
* The knowledge that you are supporting a worthwhile educational project!
* 10% Discount in the gift shop
* Individual $35.00
* Companion $40.00 (Individual & Guest)
* Family $50.00 (Includes parents and children under 18)
* Grandparents $50.00 (Includes grandparents and grandchildren)
For more information on becoming a member,
email us at email@example.com